A picture posted by Florida police officers has prompted women from all over the US to seriously consider breaking the law.
After three male officers from Gainesville Police Department uploaded the picture to Facebook on Sunday, comments praising their looks are still pouring in.
Gainesville PD posted the picture with the caption: Officers Nordman, Hamill and Rengering…part of the night crew getting ready to do some work. #Irma.
Heather Groom said: This pic is exactly why your grandmother always told you to wear clean underwear in case you’re in an accident.
Luci Kaye wrote: I can’t believe how many women are objectifying these poor, fine, young, strong, handsome, brave, sexy, delicious, virile, ovulation-inducing, mouth-watering, beefy….. I can’t remember where I was going with this…
While Erika Green had to remind herself: I’m a happily married woman. I’m a happily married woman…who has no business in Gainesville…robbing banks…in broad daylight…
The selfie has amassed more than 160,000 comments, 247,000 shares and almost 500,000 likes, prompting the police department to issue a response.
It said in an update a few days after the initial post:
1. We are dying with the comments. You’ve actually made our chief blush with some of them.
2. MRS. Nordman and MRS. Hamill have also enjoyed knowing how millions of women are going crazy over their husbands.
3. We can confirm that Officer Rengering (far right with the amazing hair) IS SINGLE.
4. On another note, Officer Rengering is being placed into Cougar Prey Protective Care, similar to the witness protection program for his safety.
5. Please do not call 9-1-1 and request this group respond to your incident
6. There WILL be a calendar.
The police department said funds from the calendar would go towards relief efforts for those affected by the hurricane.
Thank you all for the hilarious comments…they have brightened our time up here. As for the calendar, we are going to try and do something fairly quickly and funds raised will go to Hurricane Irma recovery here in Florida, it said.
It wasn’t long before colleagues over in Sarasota got wind of the attention and posted an image of its officers with the caption: Officers Raulerson, Craig, Gloeckner & Hughes responded to help our friends at the North Port Police Department & North Port Fire Department this afternoon with rescues due to rising floodwaters from Hurricane Irma. Gainesville Police Department has nothing on us.
Facebook user Faith Stanton said: Can I get put in witness protection please I need to save me from myself.
That’s Gainesville and Sarasota – who will be next?
(c) Sky News 2017: ‘Hot Florida cops’ selfie prompts women to ask for arrests