A Hove man has been jailed for seven years after raping two young girls, one of who was aged just nine.
Michael Manion, 22, unemployed of Nutley Place, was convicted last month of three counts of raping the young girl between July 2009 and August 2010.
He was also convicted in September last year of raping a 16-year-old girl in 2010 while she was asleep.
He was sentenced on Monday (April, 24) at Hove Crown Court.
Police said Manion received a 54 month sentence for the offences against the nine-year-old, and 30 months for the offence against the teenager.
Detective constable Stewart Cameron from the Brighton Safeguarding Investigations Unit said:
“Both victims showed courage in standing up in court and giving their evidence of what Manion did to them.
“The offences weren’t reported at once, with both victims coming forward independently at different times in 2013 and 2015.
“Despite this two separate juries have found him guilty of raping vulnerable females.
“Regardless of how long ago an assault was, anyone who reports incidents of this type to us will be supported and we will investigate.”
Manion has also been given a Sexual Harm Prevention Order to last indefinitely, severely restricting his access to girls and young women.
He will also be a registered sex offender for life.