Three men were arrested in connection with the damage of post boxes and telephone kiosks in the Chichester district.
Police believe the damage was caused using explosive devices in a total of eight incidents.
The areas affected were:
- Post-box outside The Reach, Smugglers Lane, Bosham
- Post-box at the entrance to Bosham Hoe on Hoe Lane junction with Smugglers Lane, Bosham
- Post-box on the A286 junction with St Nicholas Road, Lavant
- Post-box outside The Fox Goes Free PH, Charlton Road, Charlton
- Post-box near the Star and Garter pub, East Dean
- Post-box Folly Lane, Barlavington
- Telephone kiosk on the corner of Richmond Road, Westerton
- Telephone kiosk at the High Street junction with Highfield Lane, Oving
The damage occurred overnight on Wednesday (December, 26) between 10pm and midnight.
Police arrested two 22-year-old men from Chichester and a 23-year-old man from Hampshire on suspicion of causing an explosion likely to endanger life.
One of the 22-year-olds was also arrested on suspicion of possession of a class B drug.
All three were released on police bail until February 5.