Forty-nine people have died in mass shootings at two mosques full of people attending Friday prayers in New Zealand.
Here is what we know so far:
:: Two mosques in Christchurch were targeted, with the deadliest shooting unfolding at the Al Noor mosque in the city centre. The other mosque to be targeted was the Linswood mosque.
:: Police say 49 people have been killed.
:: A further 20 people have been seriously injured.
:: Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said: It is clear that this can now only be described as a terrorist attack. She called it one of New Zealand’s darkest days.
:: A number of improvised explosive devices strapped to vehicles have been made safe.
:: One man has been charged with murder.
:: Footage on social media appears to show a gunman live-streaming as he entered a mosque with his weapon drawn.
:: Witnesses said the shooting at the Al Noor mosque lasted for 20 minutes, with the gunman going from room to room.
:: Three men and one woman are in custody, and police say there may be other attackers at large.
:: One of the arrested suspects is Australian, the country’s Prime Minister Scott Morrison confirmed.
:: Large parts of Christchurch were placed in lockdown following the shootings, including schools. Police are now beginning to gradually lift these restrictions.
:: Mosques nationally have been told to shut their doors, with worshippers warned not to visit until further notice.
:: Bangladesh’s cricket team was approaching the mosque for Friday prayers at the time of the shooting at the Al Noor mosque.
:: Police are still treating the incident as ongoing, and the public is still being urged to stay indoors.