Man struck unconscious and robbed in Crawley Memorial Gardens

Man struck unconscious and robbed in Crawley Memorial Gardens

Police are looking for three people after a man was attacked and robbed in Crawley.

The 26-year-old victim was walking through Memorial Gardens at around 1pm on Sunday, July 21, when he was hit on the head from behind.

Police said he fell to the ground and lost consciousness, but later discovered his mobile phone and wallet had been taken.

He was treated for a large lump to the side of his head and bruising to his face in hospital.

Detective Constable Sam Jedrzejewska said:

“We would like to trace three men seen in the area at the time.

“One is described as black, in his early twenties, 5’6”, with a short black afro and of skinny build, wearing a plain black t-shirt and Adidas tracksuit bottoms.

“The second man was described as black, about 17-years-old, 5’4” and skinny build, wearing a red head covering.

“The last man is described as black, around 19-years-old and of skinny build.”

Anyone with any information is asked to report it online or call 101, quoting serial 718 of 21/07.