Here’s all the coronavirus related news that’s gone on in Sussex over the last 24 hours.
As of Thursday (April, 30) at 6am, the following figures are the known number of Covid-19 cases in each district:
Brighton and Hove: 354
East Sussex: 552
West Sussex: 1,083
Police said they’ve seen almost a 40% increase in assaults on police officers and other emergency workers in Sussex.
There was 169 offences recorded against frontline officers and staff in the first four weeks of lockdown.
These included officers being punched, kicked, bitten, spat, and coughed on, and threats to infect officers and their families.
West Sussex County Council responded to Labour’s call to reopen household waste tips.
The authority said staff want to wait for government advice, in order to do it safely.
It’s after opposition leaders wrote to the Conservative cabinet member for the environment, amid reports of increased fly-tipping and home bonfires.
Two Sussex children’s charities collaborated to buy twelve camp beds for parents of some hospitalised children at the Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital in Brighton.
Chailey Heritage Foundation and Rockinghorse Children’s Charity said more hospital beds than usual are in use because of Covid-19 patients, so parents had been sleeping on floor mattresses to support their children.
More funds for East Sussex
East Sussex is set to share more than £32million of government money to deal with the coronavirus pandemic.
The majority of this will go to the County council, but more than £5million pounds is set aside for District and Borough councils.
The Fire Authority will also reportedly get nearly £800,000 of these funds.
Organisers of a children’s festival in Sussex, that’s had to be postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic, are offering a new socially distanced activity.
The annual children’s parade was due to take place this Saturday (May, 2), so Brighton Festival partnered with arts charity Same Sky to put together a virtual event.
Parents and children are encouraged to post photos and videos on social media of what they would have done at the parade, for example conga around the kitchen, wave a flag, or just wear a costume.
It can be followed with the hashtag #ChildrensParadeAtHome from 10.30am.
While we’ll miss watching the annual Children’s Parade this weekend we are looking forward to seeing the colourful creations people come up with for #ChildrensParadeAtHome https://t.co/r1lqWtd4Gs @brightfest pic.twitter.com/FMZJFSTY8q
— VisitBrighton (@Love_Brighton) April 29, 2020
If you found this story useful, then check out our home page at moreradio.online where you can find the latest from the county, along with features and competitions from our presenters, as well as listening to the station live.You can also sign up to our news alerts to receive updates on new stories. Simply click on the bell at the bottom right of the home page. This will then allow a pop-up which will ask if you would like to receive alerts. Press ‘allow’ and you’re all signed up!You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.